Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spaces / Nothing Exists but Atoms and the Void (2011)



I thinked about them sometime before decide to make this post. Then, I decided I like them enough.


I must admit it, I love sci-fi books settled in space. I mean, the intelligent one, like Asimov's Foundation etc.

So, when I saw Spaces, I was very curious. I was asking myself if, while listening to this music and closing my eyes, I would be able to imagine the open space, like I would when I read these books.

Well, it works.

They say they try to play post rock without "the bombast and crescendo". Surely, there's something particular in this album. Electronic quantity is well equilibrated, and it alternates with guitars that goes from Latin music like bend notes, toghether with brass instruments, to powerful old-school ovedriven wah sounds, then coming back to oneiric arpeggiated riffs.

And, if you want, in this sounds, you can find the space. From scenes on green, nature dominated planets, to descents into the darkests voids, totally alone, screaming with no voice coming out from your mouth.

Or maybe I just take heavy drugs. But you but you can not know whether this is true or not. So there's only one way you can discover if what I wrote about this album is true.

Listen.





BUY 

No comments:

Post a Comment