Saturday, March 10, 2012

YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN / YT​/​/​ST (2011)



I'm back. Sorry for all this time passed with nothing. I was listening. Maybe I have to change the title of the blog. "Every day" isn't true. Sorry :D


At least, in these days I've found new and new-old thing to post.

One of the new-new things is this album.

I wasn't so sure to post this, because, after a first listen, it generated anxiety in me. A lot of it. So, I was ready to erase it from my pc, when I listened to it for the second time.

You may say "why you downloaded it if, after a first web-listening, you didn't like it? Only for being more a music pirate?". Well, no. I've done it because I tought the idea was great.

YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN are a collective, so lots of people, trying to mix oriental sounds with rock, metal and a lot of "western" sounds, using instruments and electronics.

Well, this is interesting.

Then came the second listening. The dreamy atmospheres of these sounds from the east (mainly coming from the voice), that I found annoying after a while, get back on the earth with distorted guitars and drums like we use to play it in the west. THANK YOU.

Oh, also the cover is GREAT.

Believe me, this is interesting. Make your move.

Listen.







No comments:

Post a Comment