Thursday, January 26, 2012

65Daysofstatic / The Fall Of Math (2004)




For this second day, I choose a classic. At least, I think that this album should be considered as such.

Directly from 2004, this is the first album from the post rock band 65Daysofstatic, that gained more and more (deserved) fame during this years.

Atmospheres are epic, full of energy, giving feelings like "I am alone against all the world, but I'm doing it". Electronic sounds are perfectly dosed and integrated, the rhythmic section is devastating ( I saw them live two times: every time I thought their drummer could pull down the walls of the room).

Rhythms are very often fast but very "compact" and moved, they penetrate inside you, not like these band making 12 minutes songs with some guitar arpeggio and only one bass drum and one hat hit every bar and calling this post rock.

THIS is fucking well done post rock, very original and unique. Not stereotypes.



"This negative energy just makes me stronger; we will not retreat, this band is unstoppable"

No comments:

Post a Comment