Friday, February 17, 2012

Geographer / Animal Shapes EP (2010)



Still posting old things. But still having not so much time. Fuck.

Once I wouldn't have never listened to music like this. Maybe my ears are widening their range. Maybe their tastes are getting softer and in 3 years time I will find myself listening to Rihanna all time. Who knows.

Ok, no, I don't think it will happen. I just appreciate good melodic structures. And this EP is full of them.

Geographer comes from San Francisco. They don't have a bass player, but they sounds good anyway.

Their music is a very melodic indie, with songs filled with very nice vocals and synths all around, sometimes making you think they come out from a 16 bit videogame. But, alternating between happier and "striggle" tracks, everything here sounds just great.

Just great.

Don't forget to follow their site; on the 28 of this month they will drop their new album. And by signing up in the mailing list you can download one of their new songs, "Kaleidoscope".

Just great.





No comments:

Post a Comment