Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sick Tamburo / A.I.U.T.O. (2011)




And today, something italian.

Sick Tamburo is a band born from what remained of another italian band, very popular in the '90s during the punk-rock period, the Prozac +. This is their second album. And is great.

Only two musician. Heavy and compact distorted guitar making simple but powerful riffs. A very "acid" female voice. Everything is simple, often repetitive, something like a message of propaganda someone is trying to get into your head. Because, from my point of view, this disc IS a message.

There aren't too much ingredients, but the few you have works great togheter. Also, I can't forget to mention the lyrics, all in italian, but great,something talking about the simplest things of life but in a very deep way, some other times talking about bigger arguments, but always very "conscious"(the punk heritage more band should have nowadays). If you can, try to get them translated in your language.

I'm tired, and I'm getting hard to talk about this album as it deserves, but trust me, this is great music. Very rare nowadays, specially in Italy.



No comments:

Post a Comment