Thursday, October 4, 2012

Chris Randle / The Cat That Got the Milk OST (2011)



The last post I made was about a soundtrack.

Now, the first new post is again a soundrack. You know, continuity.

The Cat That Got the Milk is a freeware game released in 2011, and I discovered it some days ago. It is graphically inspired by the work of Wassily Kandinsky, so it's just visually stupendous, and I really recommend you to play it. It would take just 10 minutes of your time.

So, back to the music, you could say "what a videogame and a painter would have in common with music?".

Well, for the ones who knows, Kandinsky theorized that graphical elements, such as points, lines and surfaces, has time and rhythm like music, and graphical compositions are like musical ones. (You can find all about this in his book "Point and Line to Plane", that I was accidentally reading when I found this game).

And nothing prevents the happening of the inverse process: music inspired by graphical compositions.

This little album will bring you inside a world of continuous and looped segments, like circles, suddenly stopped by points, while arpeggios of music lines chase themselves.

You just need to close your eyes and

Listen.




This album is free, and I'll try to post more and more free albums if I can.
I believe in free culture, so, from my little blog, I'll try to push peoples who also believes in it.
Culture is freedom. Paying for culture is like pay a bail after have done nothing. Music is culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment